This gentle, moisturizing and soft soapberry foam cream can be used for a gentle and hypoallergenic baby soap for delicate baby skin.
It is not only super easy to make yourself, so you have 100% control over the ingredients, but it also takes care of the nugget's extra sensitive skin by gently washing with all-natural soap from a decoction of soap berries and moisturizing the fine soft skin at the same time.
And if, as an adult, you suffer from delicate and dry skin, this mild wash is also perfect for caring for and cleaning the skin without allergenic substances and perfume.
Baby soap - Should you wash your baby with soap?
There are a number of cosmetic care products that are marketed especially for children and babies. But too much soap and shampoo can irritate sensitive baby skin, and perfumes and preservatives can increase the risk of your child developing allergies.
The Danish Environmental Protection Agency writes: " Children do not need the same quantities of cosmetic products such as soap and shampoo as adults. (...) Soap and shampoo can dry out and irritate the skin and the products can contain perfumes that pose a risk of allergies. On a daily basis, it is usually enough to wash your baby with lukewarm water and avoid adding soap or oil to the water. "
And we couldn't agree more. Children and babies' skin does not need to be washed with chemical soaps and shampoos on a daily basis. Instead, the skin can be gently and naturally washed with water or e.g. this gentle baby soap as needed if the little one has been dirty. The soapberry baby soap is completely free of unwanted chemicals and gently cleanses without irritating or drying out the sensitive skin.
Our recipe for natural and nourishing baby soap
Here you will find our recipe for the best baby soap we could imagine, which is also made entirely of natural ingredients that are gentle on the skin.
You will need:
- Decoction of soapberry in water (see our easy recipe here)
- Bowl and stick blender/electric whisk
- Natural starch – e.g. guar gum or xanthan gum
- Delicious nourishing oil – e.g. olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil
- Closed container for storage
Here's how you do it:
1. Follow our simple recipe for basic soapberry soap , which is a decoction of soapberry in water. It's super easy and only requires you to boil soapberries in a pot of water.
2. After you have drained and cooled the soap base, a natural starch must be added to give the baby soap a good consistency so that it is not as runny as water.
Add approx. 1 tsp. per 1/2 liter basic soap.
We recommend guar gum or xanthan gum, but you can also use cornmeal or agar agar. All these ingredients are completely natural and can be found in your local health store or, for example, in Matas .
3. Add a delicious nourishing oil to your delicious baby soap - 5 tbsp. oil per 1/2 liter basic soap.
We have good experience with e.g. olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil. But you can also easily use other delicious oils such as jojoba, avocado or argan oil.
4. Make sure the mixture is in a large bowl or pot, because now you have to whip the foam. Use a stick blender, hand mixer or similar to bind oil and liquid soap together so that it becomes an emulsified and luxurious soap cream.
5. Next, pour the creamy baby soap into a glass or other container with a lid. It is now ready for use.
Why soapberry baby soap?
Soap berries, also called soap nuts or wash berries, are berries from the sap tree Sapindus Mukorossi, which contain large amounts of natural soap substances called saponins.
Many people use soapberry as a 100% natural detergent for washing clothes, which is also good for you with allergies or sensitive skin, as soapberry does not contain chemical additives or perfumes that can cause allergic reactions (read much more about soapberry here). On the other hand, soapberry is a completely natural product.
Soap berries contain so much natural soap that you can boil the soap in water and make your own products for cleaning and personal care and completely bypass a lot of unwanted chemistry in everyday life. It is both easy and cheap to make your own products with soapberry, and it just gives you a wonderful feeling inside when you know exactly what your products contain.
Have fun with your new delicious soapberry baby soap!